401(k) & 403(b) Plans for Employees
Defined contribution plans with extra tax advantages
Among employer-sponsored retirement plans, 401(k) and 403(b) plans are perhaps the most widely recognized and utilized. And Principal is a leading provider of defined contribution plans, with $156 billion in defined contribution plan assets, more than 35,000 plans and more than 4.4 million participants to date.
Offering a 401(k) or 403(b) plan as part of your benefits package gives employees a retirement savings option they’re familiar and comfortable with, as well as the opportunity to roll over funds from past employer-sponsored plans.
Call us at 800-984-1373 or talk to your advisor to discuss your options.
Solutions that work for your business
From simple start-up plans to complex plans for large institutions, The Principal offers defined contribution solutions to fit your business’s budget and recruitment goals. We offer:
- 401(k), 403(b), 401(a), KSOP, and other plans
- Plans tailored to for-profit, tax-exempt, governmental, and union organizations
- Full-service or third-party administrator (TPA) service arrangements
- Assistance and education support for plan participants
- A quality promise with every plan: if a service doesn’t meet your expectations, we’ll waive the fee.
Want to give your employees more than one retirement savings option? The Principal Total Retirement SuiteSM packages multiple plans with integrated service.