It doesn’t cost any more to have a personal, independent health insurance agent…it pays!
- As of January 1st, 2014 everyone should have health insurance.
- If you don’t have insurance through your employer, parent, or through the government, you can obtain it through the Marketplace.
- The next open enrollment period is from November 1st, 2016 to January 31st, 2017.
- You will be able to compare coverage in a standardized format.
- There is a minimum amount of coverage that each plan can offer in the Marketplace.
- Carriers will offer four levels of coverage: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Each one with increasing cost and benefits.
- If you don’t have health insurance you pay a fine, see chart below
- You must purchase through the exchange to receive tax credits and subsidies.
You may still use an agent to purchase inside or outside the Exchange/Marketplace.